Monday, September 1, 2014

Week One

"Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world." - Frank Lloyd Wright 

This picture was taken at my favorite spot on campus. It's usually cloudy since we're by the lake but on a clear day the water is super blue and you can see all the little boats as specks out on the lake. My orientation leader actually showed me this room in the Mundelein Center. It's almost like a greenhouse type room inside, so you can see out onto campus but I discovered that a few of the windows actually open so it's a great spot to take pictures of the East Quad and Information Center (that's the building to the right with all the glass).


This is my roommate Mariana. She's from Denver and we couldn't get along any better! 


Please excuse the awful iPhone quality. This was just from exploring downtown last night after dinner with some friends. 


Slightly better quality here, but I was totally unprepared and didn't bring a tripod. I took this during orientation. At night they rented out these trolley cars and took as all around the city. This was our last stop on the edge of Lake Michigan to see the entire city lit up at night. 



We had a New Year Fair on Saturday night in the East Quad to celebrate the first week of school. They had the typical games, face painting and tons of food. 


Last night I got to have a little mini high school reunion with some friends from Notre Dame. We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant called Pazzo and explored downtown. 




No comments:

Post a Comment